The Ventures of MissBiz

This is a journal of my personal ventures in business, as a business student, and as a student in life. This is a blog for me, but if you'd like to follow along - you might be in for a wicked ride!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Puro Events and More Updates!

In the spirit of catching up, I wanted to give a rough idea of what exactly I've been up to at my new job.

As a Feild Inside Sales Professional (FISP) I'm basically responsible for customer retention and client representation. I'm on the phone most days just talking to customers about their business and seeing if they're happy with the service they're getting from Purolator. I have to inform them of changes and new inclusions in the company affecting their account... you get the picture. That's my primary role in the company. However, as I've mentioned earlier, being in Atlantic Canada requires me to multi-task at my job so the compny gets the most for their money when employing me. This works out best for both myself and the company because I can put to use my degree in Marketing and Entrepreneurship.

So far I've been to several events where I help organize and execute the overall plan. When I was first hired at Purolator, I was required to train for two straight weeks at headoffice in Ontario. In between the two weeks of training, I was also required to fly back to Nova Scotia for the weekend to attend the annual Face2Face Golf Tournament, supported by Purolator. This event is mostly for the most prestigious business clients we have, where they can play golf for the day and attend presentations and networking events over the two day period. I can't say how awesome it was! It was such a great way to meet all of my co-workers on a casual level before settling into the role.

I also attended the Multiple Sclorosis Society's Bike Tour which Purolator strongly supports every year. My boyfriend was sweet enough to join me for that weekend to help us out as a volunteer. The event itself was such a great success, however, the trip itself turned into the trip from hades. By the end of the night, so many things had gone wrong that my boyfriend and I both actually felt out of body. That's how crazy it was. Let's just say it started out by us driving to the event at 5 am, then going for a leisurely drive on our break and getting completely lost and therefore late, losing my shirt at the place we stopped at(it was hot and I had a tank top underneath... you dirty minded people!), getting blocked inside a parking lot after getting liquor for the night and having to walk back to the campus where we stayed the night (and subsequently having to walk all the way back to get my car hours later), and it all ended with my boyfriend getting heat stroke just as we were about to relax (he can't stand the heat and it was boiling in the dinner hall). It was INSANE! And that's all I'm going to say about that day.

An event that I just attended this past weekend was an NHL pre-season game between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins. About a dozen drivers and other Purolator employees volunteered for the Tackle Hunger Food Drive for Feed Nova Scotia. Tackle Hunger is Purolator's own charitable cause that they regularly support by holding various events. Before the game began, we sold tickets for a draw, consisting of a first and second prize of either a Canadiens signed jersey, a Bruins signed jersey, or tickets to a Mooseheads game. It was great because the food drive ended as the game began and all of us Purolator staff could watch the game together. Most of us just cheered for the Leafs anyway (haha!).

Tomorrow I'm going to Pictou Island for a management summit, where we'll have a meeting from about 9am-1pm, and the rest of the time is just good old fun times! I think we're playing a game of baseball, and then having dinner and then a party. It's an overnight thing so I'm assuming the party will be pretty big... I'm excited! I get back Friday around noon and then Saturday morning I hit the road again to go back to New Brunswick until Sunday morning. My dad is now selling TeeBoxx to buyers and they need my help with packaging and such. I'm not working for TeeBoxx anymore because of my new job, but of course I help out whenever I can.

Well, that's my update on what I've been up to in more detail.

And I'm still pretty Bizzy!!

ps - You can visit my boyfriend's new blog at http://www.philosophyofsports.blogspot.com/ (it's in my Blog Fellowship list).

---------------------------------------------------------------

"The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn't like to do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home