The Ventures of MissBiz

This is a journal of my personal ventures in business, as a business student, and as a student in life. This is a blog for me, but if you'd like to follow along - you might be in for a wicked ride!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ramping up...

We spent this last weekend rummaging through two year’s worth of belongings and organizing various piles – the Salvation Army pile – the "my friend would probably want this" pile – the "oops, I forgot to give this back to my sister" pile – the "what the hell is this?" pile… you get the picture. Its funny how some things you never see until you’re packing up to move somewhere else. I have this Swedish love knot that my nana gave me several years ago, and I wont throw it out. I have empty jewelry boxes from when I was really little that I've just always hung onto. I realized that for whatever unimportant reason you hang on to certain things for, most likely laziness, after a while it’s the mere principal of never letting it go that becomes the reason why you don’t let it go, ever. I mean, I don’t think I’d ever miss those empty jewelry boxes, heck, I don’t even know where most of them came from in the first place, but there they are… in a box marked bedroom.

I think I did a way better job at "freeing" myself this time around of pointless “things” – because that’s all they really are, just things. I’ve had some pretty great memories over the past few years in this little apartment – I don’t need much more than that anyway.

With that said, we have storage booked for the first of May, which gives us an entire month to stow away our apartment, instead of rushing near the end. Best news is, it’s a block away from us! Oh, and not to mention... and maybe most important (obviously the most important!) – our tickets are officially booked! On the way there, we fly from Halifax – Toronto – Frankfurt (exciting!!) – to Dublin! On the way back we fly from Paris – Montreal – into Halifax. I feel like the plane ride there will be one of the most exciting parts!!

That’s probably an exaggeration... I'm just way too excited...!

Keep Bizzy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home