The Ventures of MissBiz

This is a journal of my personal ventures in business, as a business student, and as a student in life. This is a blog for me, but if you'd like to follow along - you might be in for a wicked ride!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

F2F Event... and me thinking I'm hilarious.

Remember back in the day, when the last few days of high school were easy breezy (dare I even say fun?) while waiting for the final dismissal bell of the year? Feet up on the desk, and being allowed to chew gum in class, finally? Yeah… my last 6 weeks of Purolator wont be like that. At all.

In fact, these next few weeks are really going to challenge my abilities - possibly more than they ever have in my last 2 years of working here. With pushing the courier leads competition that is soon coming to a close in mid-June; calling leads like mad in the interim; making my usual retention calls to my customers; organizing the Face 2 Face Golf Tourney to be held on May 31st; and training my substitute Inside Sales Rep… a tear of relief may be shed after all is said and done. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t want it any other way - I’d rather be too busy than too bored any day. However, my plan is to just put my head down and charge through like nobody’s business!

Today was a pretty good indicator of my above claim. I had a 9 am meeting with my boss and the Events Manager of Progress Magazine to discuss Purolator’s role at this year’s Face 2 Face Golf Tourney. The meeting went super well – I’m always happy to get away from my desk for a bit, and to interact with real people, especially when it involves marketing in any capacity. We actually met at Julian’s French Bakery on Young Street in Halifax. I bought a loaf of 10 grain bread while I was there… it’s to die for!

The F2F Golf Tourney is something I’m really, really excited for. It’s happening a week before I leave, so I’m also thinking of it as a farewell party (I can pretend, right!?). The best part is that this year, Purolator will be more focused on meeting and greeting the SME’s in attendance, and getting to know their businesses more! After all, it’s the SME’s of this country that are going to see us through this recession, and even thrive from it (I believe anyway!). This ultimately means that I have to step up and make sure things happen since this is my realm, and my customer base. We have some great ideas for networking, not to mention we have some hilarious events happening throughout the day. Purolator will be hosting several golf competitions to raise money and awareness for Tackle Hunger, namely a Hockey Glove Driving Contest! It’s pretty self explanatory. I’m in the middle of writing up our meeting notes from this morning, and polishing up the Purolator F2F Business Plan.

So this is pretty much how my days will be for the next 6 weeks… busy, and all over the place. I’ll let you know how it pans out once I’m on the other side… other side of the world that is…!!! OHHH! Get it? Haha...

~Really Bizzy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home