The Ventures of MissBiz

This is a journal of my personal ventures in business, as a business student, and as a student in life. This is a blog for me, but if you'd like to follow along - you might be in for a wicked ride!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Top of Your Game

I just came across a really neat little section featured on CBC.ca called, Top of Your Game with Mark Tewksbury. Right now they’re talking about challenging yourself to identify goals that you want to reach, and taking the steps to make them happen. Mark outlines it all in steps, so it’s more manageable. I’m at a stage right now where I’m just about to embark on a journey of a lifetime, but I’m simultaneously thinking about regaining focus upon my return, so this type of mentoring is really useful. As usual, I have a head full of ideas, but need some help sorting out the more important and immediate things to concentrate on.

Step 1: Ask yourself questions
Step 2: Expand your perspective
Step 3: Make a plan
Step 4: Act effectively and take the first step

Although these can be a little cliché and generalized, I’ve always thought that it was so important to at least try and keep abreast of the things you really want in life, and how you plan to achieve them. Even looking back to when I first began this blog in 2006, many of my goals did not faultier with the changing of time and experiences, but some have. That’s life and you have to expect it. Regardless though, it’s important to at least have direction - but to be fair to yourself, and expect detours along the way.

My Step 1: Asking myself the questions (abbreviated):

1) What am I most happiest doing (career wise)?
2) Where do I see myself settling down?
3) What are my ultimate goals for the foreseeable future?
4) Savings timeline for owning a house by 30-ish?

This is my homework for the next few days.

Keep Bizzy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home