The Ventures of MissBiz

This is a journal of my personal ventures in business, as a business student, and as a student in life. This is a blog for me, but if you'd like to follow along - you might be in for a wicked ride!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Back, But Not The Same

My dearest blog, how I've missed you! Has it really been 5 months since I last wrote? Let me please say that for the most part it wasn't by choice, but lack there of! And I thought about you often!

We've safely arrived back from our whimsical journey throughout Europe - and when I say whimsical I really mean the most incredible, life altering, perspective changing, self-renewing, eye opening adventure I might ever know! We brought along our miniature laptop to update our readers of our endeavours along the way, but it died soon into our trip which left us with an added 5 lbs of weight only useful for charging our ipods; which by the way, miraculously survived somehow.

We were gone from June 11th, 2009 - September 4th, 2009. In that time we backpacked, couchsurfed, hosteled, WWOOF'ed, and mostly camped in all of 13 countries:

- Ireland (Dublin, Cork, Murrow, Limerick - we stayed in a Benedictin monastery for 4 days)
- France (Roscoff, Rennes, Le Mans, Paris, Dijon, Lyon, Marsailles, Nice)
- Italy (Versailles, Rome, Naples and Pompeii, Milan)
- Switzerland (Geneva)
- Austria (Vienna)
- Czech Republic (Prague)
- Germany (Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg)
- Denmark (Copenhagen)
- Sweden (Stockholm, Gothenberg)
- Norway (Oslo, Favang, Lillehammer)
- The Netherlands (Amsterdam)
- Belgium (Brussels, Brugges)
- Luxombourg (Luxombourg City, Mercsh)

As you can imagine, to discuss them all would be nearly impossible, especially when trying to interject all of the experiences, feelings, and all of those little moments that at the time seemed so unspectacular, but become the most endearing. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

This trip not only required a lot of planning, but also a lot of support from family, friends, and co-workers. We were so lucky to have so many people that understood how important this trip was for us. The way everything came together is a twist of fate that barely ever happens in real life. We know that, and it will never, ever be forgotten. I can put how I feel about this into three words - pay it forward. And I will.

One of the great things about being back is that I can now put this one accomplishment behind me and move onto the next thing! And there are so many things to come.

As always, stay Bizzy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home